Chubby Hubby Truffles (makes about 24)
1½ cups pretzel pieces
½ cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 cup milk or semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon butter
Splash of milk
1. Put the pretzel pieces into a ziploc bag and crush into small bits.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, 1 tablespoon room temperature butter, brown sugar and salt. Stir until all of the ingredients are completely blended and smooth. Add the pretzel bits to the peanut butter mixture and mix thoroughly. Add the powdered sugar and mix until completely combined.
3. Line a small baking sheet with wax paper. Using a small cookie scoop, or about 2 teaspoons worth of peanut butter mixture, gently shape into a ball with your fingertips. (If the peanut butter begins to stick to your fingers, run your fingers under cool running water.) Place the ball on the wax paper-lined cookie sheet and repeat with the remaining peanut butter mixture. Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes.
4. To prepare chocolate coating, place the chocolate chips, one tablespoon butter and a splash of milk together in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on low, in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until completely melted.
5. Working one at a time, dip one peanut butter-pretzel ball into the melted chocolate and use a fork to roll it around, to completely coat. Let any extra chocolate drip off and place back on the wax paper-lined sheet. Repeat with all of the peanut butter-pretzel balls.
6. Return the baking sheet to the refrigerator and again chill for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with a drizzle of melted peanut butter and crushed pretzels, if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe from Brown-Eyed Baker.
Results: You don’t really need my opinion on how delicious these are, right? The bad news is that there is nothing remotely healthy about these. The good news is that they are so rich, you can be satisfied by just eating one. The kids absolutely loved them. I loved them too, which is why I’m off to the gym on a Sunday morning.